A smile that’s up to 8 shades whiter in just 45 minutes
Designed for today's busy patients
Whether patients want a confidence boost or just to look their best, whitening remains the most-requested cosmetic dental procedure. But with increasing demands on their time, today's patients want whitening options that fit their lifestyle and fast results with little or no discomfort. That's what Philips Zoom provides.
What to expect
- Our dental professional will perform an examination to verify you’re an ideal candidate for whitening.
- After a shade assessment, our dental professional will discuss available whitening options and how to prevent sensitivity.
- Temporary tooth sensitivity, especially to cold, may occur during or after the whitening procedure. our dental professional will recommend using Philips Sonicare Fluoridex toothpaste for two weeks before the procedure.
- If you are a good candidate for whitening, our dental professional will take impressions for your custom fabricated trays.
Day of treatment:
- Our dental professional will instruct you to take one ibuprofen an hour before procedure.
- Our procedure starts with an application of vitamin E to your lips. Your gums are covered with a protective barrier and your teeth are coated with Philips Zoom WhiteSpeed in-office whitening gel.
- The WhiteSpeed lamp will then be positioned near your teeth to accelerate the whitening process.
- The procedure consists of up to four sessions each lasting 15 minutes. For each session, the whitening gel will be replaced by a new coating.
- Our dental professional may adjust the lamp should you experience any sensitivity.
- After the last session you will receive your custom fabricated trays, one DayWhite or NiteWhite take-home whitening gel syringe containing three whitening applications, plus a Relief ACP Oral Care gel syringe to relieve any potential tooth sensitivity.
- If you consume beverages that stain teeth, such as coffee, tea or wine, or if you are a smoker, brushing with a Philips Sonicare DiamondClean power toothbrush will help reduce surface stains.