Here are some fun facts!
1. More than a quarter of all Americans 60 years of age or older have lost all of their teeth.
2. Dental disease (caries) is the most common chronic disease in children. It is 5X's more common than asthma.
3. Every year across the U.S., children miss 51 million school hours due to dental problems and visits. Adults lose close to 164 million work hours.
4. About 1 in 4 elderly adults have untreated tooth decay. The rate among low income adults is twice that for adults with more income.
5. An estimated 17 million low- income children in America go without dental care each year. This represents about 1 out of every 5 children
6. It is estimated that in 2010, Americans spent $ 106 billion on oral care.
7. More than 64 million Americans have moderate to severe forms of periodontal disease.
8. Dental disease is nearly 100% preventable.